Rain rain go away. How to look cute anyway?
In my last post, I did a round-up of the most fashionable wellies on the market. To further help combat your what-to-wear-on-a-rainy-day issues, I’ve collected some images of rainy day outfits to help inspire you. (It’s supposed to rain again Monday.) The first two outfits are from my closet and the rest are from around the world – including hypothetical outfits found online through Polyvore. Let me know what you think!
Celine boots (which I had sprayed so they were waterproof) $0 as they were gifted to me by my stylist friend
- brown distressed leather motorcycle jacket bought on discount at Daffy’s for about $39
- tight black pants that I bought from Big Drop in NYC for around $100 (a splurge but worth it given I’ve worn them for the past 10 years)
- Chanel-inspired blouse from some Korean boutique – and brooch which didn’t come with the blouse but I tacked on last minute
- Fendi tote
- H&M leopard umbrella $9.99 -H&M has super cute umbrellas but I warn you, they’re not sturdy enough to withstand high winds
- blazer -Alice & Olivia (bought at TJMaxx for $39.99 and I added the embroidered patch).
- dress with ruffle bottom – Monteau bought at Strawberry’s for about $25
- insulated wellies -Kamik
- Chanel purse – gift
- chain necklace – from Jasmine boutique in Boston, bangles – Claire’s boutique ehem, YES I said Claire’s
Below is a Polyvore set featuring the Chanel wellies I spoke about in my last entry.
The Polyvore set titled, “mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful” by katherinelindsay featuring TopShop dress is below
- topshop polka dot dress
- Bamford Double-breasted silk-twill trench, $840
- HUNTER Original Hunter Red Wellies
- See by Chloe Rise & Shine cross-body bag, $300
- Oasis | Oasis Pearl And Flower Double Rope Necklace at ASOS, 7
- Burberry Prorsum Silk-blend jacquard dress, $575
- Burberry Prorsum Metallic leather trench, 1,250 GBP
- Lace-Up Ankle Boots, $525
- Burberry – PACKABLE PERFORATED LEATHER CROSSBODY BAG, 425 GBP
- Janis Savitt Antique Crystal and Multi Chain Necklace, 610 GBP
sexy millitary by her name is: Nicole featuring Burberry boots
- Vanessa Bruno Bretelle Top, $210
- AE Polka Dot Cardigan – Vintage Heather, $40
- BALMAIN FEMME, 1.740 EUR
- Just Jeans Online, 110 AUD
- Burberry PATENT CHAIN RAINBOOTS – Boots, $395
from Rachel Marie I. we have and outfit featuring UO top and tights , thrifted belt, scarf, shoes and skirt
You’ve gotta love how Veronica F. mixes the high and low with a dress from H&M and a purse from Chanel.
from Hanneli M. we have an Alexander Wang bag and Nina Jarebrink shoes.
Jaclyn S. pairs her Hunter boots with a lacy skirt, and woodsy cardigan and top.
CaliVintage wears her Steven Alan skirt and thrifted sweater with her Seychelles platform oxfords.
BamBam C. is below wearing a topshop scarf and Vanessa Bruno jacket. AND she is using her cute umbrella as an accessory.
I love the idea of the umbrella as an accessory. And I couldn’t help but smile when I ran into this last photo.